Polyimide(Kapton) Film Heaters are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and wattages. Polyimide Film offers a high degree of resistance to chemicals, and has excellent outgasing properties in high vacuum environments.
Polyimide is an organic polymer with very high dielectric capability and thin profile, while providing superior resistance to most solvents, oils, and radiation. In connection with these features, kapton heater is very ideal for applications with space and weight limitation, or where the heater will be exposed to chemical or oil.
Kapton heater also allows easy visual inspection on the internal structures. Pressure-sensitive adhesive (PSA) backing surface is standard, but special adhesives or mounting holes can be customized as customer requirement.
Polyimide Film Heater Features:
• Working voltage: 0 - 400V
• Working temperature: -200°C - 200°C
• Watt density: 1.1-6.5w/cm2
• Mounting: PSA or mechanical
• Max size: 500x600mm
• Thickness: ≤0.25mm
• Exit: teflon, kapton or silicone insulated leads
Polyimide Film Heater Application:
• Medical diagnostic instruments: Heat sample trays, reagent bottles, etc.
• Stabilize optoelectronic components
• Test or simulate integrated circuits
• Enable cold weather operation of outdoor electronics such as laptap, ATM, LCD’s
• Protect aircraft electronic and mechanical devices in cold weather / area
Polyimide Film Heater Photos: